Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grandpa & Grandma Polk's Auction

Over the weekend of September 12&13 we attended an auction held at my Grandma & Grandpa's farm in Woodstock, VA where all of their stuff was being sold. We stayed in our usual hotel (the Holiday Inn Express, with free chocolate chip cookies at night!) with Grandma Bobbie and ate at our usual restaurants (Cracker Barrel & the Italian place that I can't think of the name). Wyatt and Parker did very well considering how long of a day it was (we got to my Grandparents's house around 8:30am and didn't leave till about 4:30pm). We put Parker down for his naps in my Grandma's bedroom (the auction was outside under tents) and Wyatt seemed to enjoy running around the farm and watching his videos inside the house. I was able to get a few things that I remember playing with as a child -- the alphabet blocks (we lost that one but I went up to the lady who won and asked her if I could buy them because I used to play with them as a child) and a little people plane. I also got the sign that hung in my Grandparents's kitchen that my dad and I used to playfully argue about everytime we visited ("Behind every successful man is a woman telling him that he is WRONG"). We were also able to get the large fork & spoon that both my parents and Ryan's parents have. Ryan also bought some of my Grandpa's tools and some other boxes of junk that I don't know what he is going to do with! It was a fun but sad time as I watched all of my Grandparents's possessions leave and saw their house bare.


Ryan & Wyatt standing in my Grandparents's field

Wyatt playing with the alphabet blocks




Grandma & Grandpa Polk's house

No comments:

Post a Comment